The balance is payable directly to the supplier on arrival. Please ensure you have sufficient funds available on your credit card.
Method of payment:
4) Cash rental deposit is not accepted as some charges might not be brought to your knowledge until a few days after the rental period is over. Lessee’s valid credit card required. Only Visa & MasterCard credit cards accepted. A credit card imprint will be taken at the start of all rentals for security reasons, even when a voucher covers the cost of the rental.This credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges, including extra km, extra insurance, parking tickets, damages, tank refill or any cost due to the use of the rented vehicle. Should a vehicle be returned prematurely according to the return time stated in the agreement, the full amount will be charged unless specifically stated in the agreement.
Age and driving license:
1) The lessee/driver of a passenger car or a jeep has to be at least 23 years old and driver license held for at least one year.
2) The lessee/driver of a luxury car has to be at least 25 years old and driver license held for at least one year.
3) The lessee/driver of a bigger vehicles which according to law at any given time requires extended driver license shall present appropriate license at the start of rental.
Obligations of the lessee:
5) The lessee agrees to the provisions of the lease and has received a copy of it.
6) The lessee will return the vehicle:
a) With all attachments, including tires, tools, documents, maps and other items that were in or on the vehicle at the start of rental, in the same condition as upon reception, except for normal wear and tear from use. If something is missing the lessee agrees that the cost price of individual items that are absent when the vehicle is returned will be charged to his or her credit card. The same applies if extra parts that came with the vehicle are missing upon the vehicle’s return or if returned in an unsatisfactory condition, i.e. these items will be charged to the lessee´s credit card.
b) On the date and time specified by the lease.
7) If the lessee violates the terms of this contract or does not return the automobile at the time agreed according to lease, or does not declare his intention to extend the lease, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the lessee´s cost. Extending the lease is dependent on the consent of the lessor. If the lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or later after the lease has expired, the lessor is authorized to demand up to 24-hours rental under the terms of the lease. For every day that begins thereafter, lessor may collect all charges as per the lessor’s price list.
8) Driving rental cars on roads or tracks with no road number is forbidden. Passenger cars and 2wd vehicles are strictly forbidden on roads that are marked with an F on public maps, as well as driving Kjölur (road 35) or Kaldidalur (road 550). Driving on F-roads is only allowed on 4X4 (four-wheel drive) jeeps that the lessor agrees as appropriate for being driven on such roads. A breach of this article authorizes lessor to collect fines from the lessee, equaling the amount of own-risk as stated in lessors price list at any given time. The aforementioned provision on fines does not affect the lessee’s liability regarding damage.
9) The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the first page of the agreement are authorized to drive the automobile. If lessee drops off the vehicle at different location than stated in this rental agreement the lessor is allowed to charge lessee according to the lessor’s price list for the cost caused from fetching the vehicle. If the vehicle is not returned with a full fuel tank lessor is authorized to charge the lessee for refuelling the vehicle according to the lessor’s price list. The lessee is liable for damage resulting from use of the automobile for which no compensation will be paid by the insurance company. This includes damages to the automobile and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
a) Off-road driving, for example, in paths and tracks, on beaches, in areas only accessible during low tide, or in other trackless areas.
b) Vehicle use that contravenes Icelandic law and/or the provisions of the lease or driving under the influence of any intoxicants.
c) Driving in or across rivers or any kind of waterways. Such driving is totally the responsibility of the lessee.
d) Driving in banks of snow and ice.
10) In the event of a collision or accident the lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the lessor of the incident, and the lessee may not leave the scene before the police have arrived.
11) The number of kilometers (km) that the vehicle is driven while the lease is in force is determined by reading a normal odometer supplied with the vehicle by the manufacturer. The lessee shall notify the lessor as soon as possible if the odometer is out of order or stops functioning during the term of the lease.
12) The lessor is not responsible for the disappearance of or damage to property that the lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle. The lessee agrees to pay the lessor, upon request:
a) a deposit amounting to the estimated cost of hiring the car.
b) any and all expenses incurred by the lessor if he has to bring the vehicle back to his premises, in the event that it has been left
somewhere without supervision, without regard to condition of the vehicle, the roads or the weather.
13) The lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories, or to put the vehicle up as any kind of security, without the prior consent of the lessor.
14) The lessee is liable for all parking meter charges and fines for breaking traffic laws.
15) The lessor reserves the right to collect a charge from the lessee, charged against his or her credit card, according to lessor´s price list, lessor has to pay fines for the lessee and/or inform the authorities about the lessee because of traffic violations. The lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, lend it to others, or sublease it.
Obligations of the Lessor:
16) The lessor undertakes to supply the vehicle at the agreed time and see to that it meets the demands made for it.
17) If the vehicle malfunctions, the lessor shall supply the lessee with a comparable vehicle as soon as possible. If the damage is minor, the lessee is authorized to have repairs done on the vehicle after obtaining the lessors consent.
18) The lessor shall inform the lessee of the content of the agreement particularly as regards the obligations that the lessee undertakes by signing it.
19) The lessor shall inform the foreign lessee regarding Icelandic traffic regulations, traffic signs, and regulations banning off-road driving. The lessor shall particularly point out the dangers stemming from animals on the roads.
20) If the lessor wants to limit the use of the vehicle with regard to its equipment and/or conditions, this shall be done in writing
when the lease is signed. The lessor undertakes to maintain valid liability insurance for his business operations.
21) The lease sum/rental fee includes mandatory vehicle insurance, including liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner.
22) Third-party liability insurance will consist of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any given time.
23) The lessee can purchase separate accident (SCDW) insurance. This policy will specify the amount deductible in each instance of loss ( or own risk).
24) Each own-risk only applies to one incident. In instances of more damage that obviously did not occur at one and the same time,each own-risk CDW applies to only one incident.
25) This Collision Damage Waiver - CDW does not cover:
a) Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
b) Damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in safe manner.
c) Damage due to race or test driving.
d) Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest or riots.
e) Damage done by animals.
f) Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats.
g) Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this.
h) Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicles transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damage to the chassis resulting from scraping the bottom on rough roads as a result of ridges being left by the road graders; stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage occurring when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
i) Damages resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas.
j) Damages caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
k) If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater.
l) Damage to vehicles caused by driving on roads marked with an F in public maps as well as driving on Kjölur (Road 35) or Kaldidalur (road 550)
m) Lessors loss because of the vehicle being stolen.
n) Water damage to the vehicle.
In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident/all-risks insurance.
26) Insurance: Third party liability insurance shall be equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law each time. The lessee is totally responsible for any and all damage to the car. By purchasing Collision Damage Waiver - CDW the lessee can insure himself against the disbursement of the driver liability; the amount of the own-risk fee is according to lessor´s price list at given time, or isk 350.000. If lessee has already purchased CDW insurance he/she is able to purchase SCDW insurance and by doing so further lower the own-risk.
27) However, no insurance covers damages to the underside of the rented vehicle or damages due to driving through rivers or any kind of waterfall. CDW and SCDW do not cover such damages. Such damages are always the lessee’s full responsibility. Please see more about insurance in the articles here above.
28) The Lessee confirms with his or her signature to this rental agreement that he or she received the vehicle and attachments in sound condition.
29) Signing this rental agreement is equal to lessee´s signature for a credit card transaction due to payments of charges which lessor charges to lessee’s credit card and is rightfully claimed by lessor according to provisions of this rental agreement.
30) This rental agreement shall always be in the vehicle while at the responsibility of the lessee.
31) Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall be made in writing.
32) Icelandic law applies to agreements made on the basis of terms stated above. This includes any claims for compensation that might be made. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damage based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning the lease agreement, they will be heard before the lessor´s legal venue.
33) It should be pointed out that disputes between the parties to the lease agreement can be submitted to the Arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumer´s Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.
Please note that smoking is not allowed in our vehicles
Cancel less than 48 hours before start of rental or a no-show at the pick-up, deposit is then non-refundable.
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier’s rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice. The deposit required to secure your vehicle (as shown on the secure booking page) will only be processed on your credit card when your booking is confirmed.
A booking is confirmed when you have been emailed a confirmation voucher and at this stage the deposit is processed on your card and becomes non-refundable and any cancellation fees stated in the supplier's terms apply. Upon receipt of your confirmation, please check your details carefully and notify us immediately if there are any incorrect details, as it may not be possible to make changes at a later date.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Please note that some suppliers treat an amendment as a new booking and apply the rate current at the time the amendment is made to recalculate the entire booking amount (not just the days changed). If the rental period is increased, an additional deposit may be required. If the rental period is shortened which results in a reduction of the rental charges, the deposit amount will remain unchanged, and the difference between the original and revised deposit is forfeited (it cannot be used towards remaining rental charges). To request a change to a confirmed booking, please use the alterations request link on your confirmation. Any alterations are subject to availability and the approval of the supplier. In addition to the alteration policy of the supplier stated in their terms, the following charges will apply:
Car rental alterations (all charges stated in local currency):
To change dates or times that result in a recalculation of rental rates, or to change vehicles or locations: 25.00
To add or remove extras to/from a confirmed booking: 10.00
The alteration fee will not be charged if your alteration request is not possible.
Vehicle Capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
We are committed to providing a quality service and aim for complete customer satisfaction. In the event of cancellation, any refunds or penalties are detailed in the terms and conditions of your selected vehicle that you are asked to read and accept at time of booking. In the event you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Car Rental Republic Ltd. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 4 Excelsior House, 6 Commerce St, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at Suite 3.01, 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.
Cars.zuji.com.au offers great deals all over the world. Compare and save!